Sunday 12 September 2010

Food, food, glorious food!

Last night was a very good night. Ignoring the fact that I have whiplash, and thus probably shouldn’t have been drinking (shhh don’t tell anyone), James cooked me another amazing meal.



We had Bobotie (which is a kind of spiced South African meatloaf) and salad. I think it was the eating by candle light which made it so romantic. That and the music of Billy Joel in the background. (Don’t laugh, I love Billy Joel, there is nothing like a little social commentary with dinner!)





After which we had strawberries and cream whilst watching Food Inc. Now I know I’m a little behind here in watching this film, but it was a really eye opener. Now I know i don’t live in the states, but still. It was horrifying to see some of the scenes in the slaughterhouses. Now I know that as a former vegetarian the film was preaching to the converted, but I was still shocked. If I ever manage to make it to the States (which i would love to one day), I might not be eating!

I hope every one has a happy Sunday, I am off to visit my Gran and go out for lunch! See you all next week.

Ros xxxx

(ps. Please excuse the slightly blurry photos, I'm still getting to grips with my new camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment