Wednesday 11 August 2010

Stardust

Today was a good day. Not only was it beautifully sunny but I also scored a fantastic new skirt at a thrift shop near my work. (Photos to come tomorrow!) I’m so happy about it its ridiculous, just my style and a really good fit. What more could a girl ask for?! In addition for the first time in ages I managed to remember my sketch pad when I left the house meaning that I got the chance to exercise my long neglecting sketching skills!

All in all, many good things! Then to top it off, James took me out for dinner. Nando’s is a good way to finish the day methinks! Then if that wasn’t enough James managed to fix the drawing tablet for the computer so i’ve spent all evening messing around with computer art. If only every day could be this creative then I would be one happy lady!

Unfortunately I must now go to sleep, if I want to stand any chance of being coherent at work tomorrow morning. A trait which i’m pretty sure my bosses would appreciate!

So I leave you with this lovely little nugget from Lawrence Krauss:

"Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today."

I couldn’t stop thinking about this when I first read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment