Thursday 10 June 2010

Canadian Booty

About two months ago or so, I suggested to a fellow blogger, the amazing Camille over at Archive of Our Lives, that we should have a swap. In return for sending her some cool British stuff she would send me some awesome Canadian stuff. She has written about what I sent her here.

So, guess what arrived in the post this week....

(My Mum received the parcel for me, and ripped off the customs tag so I could have a surprise!)

I was so excited when I finally got it J commented that my face looked as thought it was about to invert from smiling so much!

I think it would be fair to say that I am mildly obsessed with Canada and all things Canadian. I would love to go there one day, in fact I made J promise me that we could! So the fact I have some real live Canadian goodies sent to me from a real live Canadian has made me one very happy lady indeed! I’m still racking my brains to come up with a way to thank Camille sufficiently for all the awesome things that she sent me, so for the time being this post will have to do. Thank you Camille!

So without further ado, here are the groovy goodies that traveled their way across the Atlantic Ocean approximately 3000 miles to make there way to me.

I received these cool patriotic Canadian things, the keyring of which is already on my keys!


Some snazzy Canadian foodstuff. By the by those rice crackers are ‘No Name’ crackers, which just cracks (excuse the pun) me up! They also taste delicious, I have almost eaten the entire lot, and i’ve only had them a day! If you live in England, I guess the closest comparison would be cheese Snack-a- Jacks, but these are crispy-er.


Canadian lip stuff. Suffice to say the Burt’s Bees one is amazing and is now a permanent fixture in my handbag.


An amazingly generous amount of Canadian chocolate. Sorry about the blurry photo, I had already tucked in by the time I realised that this was out of focus! How I lived my life without Coffee Crisp bars before is a puzzle I will never know the answer to. As it stands, I think I may need therapy to get over the fact I will not be able to get another!


Possibly my favourite thing- mittens! How Camille knew that I am both obsessed with warm outerwear and watched these previous Olympics religiously I will never know! This women knows it all! Her mind telepathy can even stretch across the water. (Ha ha, just kidding.... I think!) So I reckon it is safe to say that I am smitten with my mittens. A shout out here to Camille’s Mother- in- law who had the sense to buy a spare pair on the off chance that there would be some crazy English lady who would be dying for cool Canadian things and would convince her daughter-in-law to send her some. Poor Kyle’s Mum- you rock!


And then we have my mug! I was ridiculously happy with this as I have a collection of motley, random mugs which I have built up over the years which I love. Since I spend an inordinate amount of my time drinking tea and coffee, I spend a lot of time with my mug, and now I can be reminded of both Canada and my friends generosity every time I do!


So here we have it. Thank you, Camille, from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful gifts which you sent me! You are truly the coolest Canadian which I know, Poor Kyle should count himself a lucky man! (Don’t feel shortchanged by being the only Canadian which I know. This in no way detracts from your uber coolness!)


Thank you again, people feel free to go check out Camille’s also uber cool blog over at Archive of Our Lives.

Happy Thursday all xxx

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the stuff! I had forgotten about what I put in the package, to tell you the truth. And how silly of you to think you need to thank me... It was an EXCHANGE. The package was a thanks for the one you sent me!!

    If you ever get to Canada, you have a place to stay at our house. Hey, what about that?! We could do a house exhange like in The Holiday (have you seen it?). I've been wanting to take PK to England... :)

    ReplyDelete