Monday 8 November 2010

2-4-6-8 ain't never to late

Today I thought I would explore the novelty of blogging on the road! I have this fancy pants iPad with mobile Internet (something that is yet to cease amazing me) so I thought I would actually use it for something other than Facebook! So here I am sitting at a junction to get on to the M25 so that I can go on holiday- it's my birthday today and James and I seem to have a little bit of a tradition going where by we go away near my birthday.

However, this being a Monday morning, and this being near London, one of the most congested cities in the world, I am in a queue of traffic. Because, of course Monday morning is the best time to try an do road works. Not at say 3 in the morning when no one actually wants to use the road. Fun fact for the day, there are around 30 million people living in the South East of England, a large proportion of which are currently trying to use this road. (To give them their due they are trying to do carriage way widening to 12 lanes, but then these road works have been going on for years, so maybe that excuse is starting to wear a little thin!) It's a wonder that anyone ever gets to work round here.

Next fun fact for the day, using your mobile phone whilst driving is illegal in England on the grounds that it say distracts you from the rather important task of driving which you are attempting to complete. As we have established I am currently on one of the busiest roads in the world, in one of the most congested areas. The traffic is heavy, there are road works getting in the way and the volume of traffic is great. You would think at this would be a perfect time for people to start obeying this law in the spirit of safety (did I mention that it was also tipping it down with rain?!) but no. A man just drove past me in his huge Audi smirking as he texted. I glared. He did not look guilty.

On to our last point for today's musings the local radio station is BBC Radio Beds, Herts and Bucks. Is it just me or does this sound like a sleazy club to anyone else?! I sniggered for quite a while after the jingle!

Happy Monday

Lindy xxx

Ps: music credit here goes to the Tom Robinson Band (and yes I listen to motorway songs whilst on one!)

Pps: I am yet to work out how to upload photos on my iPad so we might be reverting to text only for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment