Monday 22 November 2010

Manic Monday

Today is what counts as a no good, horrible, defiantly bad day. I went back to work to be faced with the prospect of looming redundancies, which for those of us on temporary contracts can only be bad news. I managed to break my nice expensive headphones. I only got two hours sleep last night. This all adds up to a pretty nasty Monday.

Then I found this email in my inbox;

Every compliment, criticism, promotion, setback, good vibe, cough or really long line you have to wait in, Ros, is a gift that was meticulously designed to make possible your becoming more than who you were, and ultimately, happier than ever before, as we dance into forever.
We've only just begun -
    The Universe

Sometimes the Universe really does tell you exactly what you need to hear. I guess I just need to look beyond the bad and towards the good. I think I'm going to try and start counting 7 good things every week, one for every day. I begin today, as an attempt to let go of my self inflicted worries.

1. My newest cousin was born two days ago and he is gorgeous.
2. I have two jobs so if I loose my main one it is not the end of the world.
3. James loves me enough to take time out of his really busy day to spend it cheering me up and finding me alternate jobs to apply for.
4. I have a lovely warm brightly coloured hat to wear.
5. I have a cupboard full of tea.
6. My Dad and Sister came for dinner last night and we had a really good evening.
7. The sunrise was beautiful this morning.

What are the good things in your life?

Lindy xxx

(The above message ones from the TUTs Adventures Club, daily emails designed to make you feel better and think a little more. I love them, and would recommend them without hesitation)

PS: Music credit today goes to The Bangles

No comments:

Post a Comment